Event at a Glance
SAT – February 10, 2018
Florida Today 5K & 8K, Mascot Marathon
SUN – February 11th, 2018
Marathon & 1/2 Marathon 1/2 Marathon Relay
Avg. Race day Temp.
Mild, mid 50’s to low70’s, chance of strong north winds.
Very scenic and mostly flat with four bridge crossings for the full and two for the 1/2 marathon. 20 musical acts. 20 miles of flat straight away route for marathoners and 9 for half-marathoners. Potentially ideal running weather. 7 hour time limit for the marathon, and 5 hour time limit for the half marathon.
7:00am – 8K start
8:15am – 5K start
8:50am – Mascot Marathon start
9:00am – Kids Run start
9:45am – Coloring the Causeway for a Cure start
6:00am – Full Marathon
7:00am – 1/2 Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Relay
We will have Dedicated Race Pacers for the Half and Full Marathons to guide you through the following distance times:
Half – 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20
Full marathon – 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00
FLORIDA MARATHON & 1/2 MARATHON WEEKEND
“One of America’s Top 10 Bucket List Waterfront Races,” says Runners World Magazine.
Located in Melbourne on Florida’s Space Coast, between Miami and Jacksonville, east of Orlando and Tampa, the Publix Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Weekend makes for a perfect warm winter running destination for runners of all ages and levels. It is held a month after the Disney Marathon. Like a Rock-n-Roll marathon, our event includes up to 20 musical acts along the course of the half and full marathon and half a dozen on the routes of the 5-k and 8-k races.
It is a walker and headphones-friendly event with a seven hour time limit on the Marathon course. Half Marathoners have 5 hours to complete the event.
A very scenic route awaits and includes four bridge crossings for the full and two for the half-marathon. The course twice takes marathoners to the beach side barrier island and back to the mainland before concluding at the riverfront Front Street Park in downtown Melbourne. The awards ceremony follows with a party featuring yet another live band.
Take the Floridiot Challenge! Run either or both the 5k and 8k on Saturday and the half or full marathon on Sunday and receive a special medallion produced by The HIghland Mint.
Register for races individually, and check in with our Floridiot Tent on Sunday to receive your medallion.
We compost, Recycle, Reuse and are one of the worlds most sustainable running and endurance events. PERIOD.
Our charming 2017 Florida medal goes to all our 1/2 marathon, marathon and 1/2 relay finishers.
2018 Medal will be announced soon
WHAT TO EXPECT
- BIG, BOLD & BEAUTIFUL Pineapple medals (recycled metals) to all 1/2 marathon, 1/2 relay and full marathon finishers
- Tech tees made from recycled materials to ALL pre-registered participants
- Embroidered Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon logo hats to half marathon, relay and full marathon runners
- Post-race concerts both race days
- Pizza and fruit to runners on Saturday
- Pizza Gallery Pizza, Publix nutrition and brews courtesy of Florida Beer to runners Sunday
- Gatorade, water and Clif Shots at each stop Sunday
- Pacers (for BOTH the 1/2 Marathon and full marathon)
- One of Florida’s Top Boston Marathon qualifying rate – four 5-mile straightaways in the marathon
- Fun, Fun, Fun in Florida in February
START AND FINISH AREAS AT MELBOURNES BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE FRONT STREET PARK!