Proto cred: Tim Shortt/FLToday
PUBLIX FLORIDA MARATHON + 1/2 MARATHON Fueled by Phocus, GIANT LEAP 10K + FLORIDA EYE 5K
YEAR OF THE COCONUT
VIRTUAL RUN CATEGORY SPONSORED BY PUBLIX IS ALSO OPEN
“One of America’s Top 10 Bucket List Waterfront Races,” says Runners World Magazine.
Located in Melbourne on Florida’s Space Coast, between Miami and Jacksonville, east of Orlando and Tampa, the Publix Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon makes for a perfect warm winter running destination for runners of all ages and levels. It is held a month after the Disney Marathon. Like a Rock-n-Roll marathon, our event includes up to 10 musical acts along the course of the half and full marathon and half a dozen on the routes of the Giant Leap 10K & Florida Eye 5k.
It is a walker and headphones-friendly event with a seven hour time limit on the Marathon course. Half Marathoners have 6 hours to complete the event.
A very scenic route awaits and includes four bridge crossings for the full and two for the half-marathon. The course twice takes marathoners to the beach side barrier island and back to the mainland before concluding at the riverfront Front Street Park in downtown Melbourne. The awards ceremony follows with a party featuring yet another live band.
The half marathon and marathon will have pacers for the 2022 event
We compost, Recycle, Reuse and are one of the worlds most sustainable running and endurance events. PERIOD.
2022 INFO: Given the uncertainties of event sponsorship looking forward, we will again continue to sell official event tech shirts separately.
NEW WATER STOP INFO: CLIF SHOTS CAN BE FOUND AT WATER STOP 3 (BALLARD PARK) & WATER STOP 8 (RIVERSIDE DR/RIVER OAKS ST). MEDICAL CAN BE FOUND ON EAU GALLIE CAUSEWAY (6.55 MILES) AND AT FRONT STREET PARK.
NO RACE DAY PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED AT FRONT STEET PARK OR BOAT RAMP
START AND FINISH AREAS AT MELBOURNES BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE FRONT STREET PARK!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- BIG, BOLD & BEAUTIFUL themed medals (recycled metals) to all 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon full marathon finishers. FL Eye Medals are Coconut themed as well.
- Race Hats with the Coconut Themed Logo to all runners
- Post-race concerts both race day.
- Brews courtesy of Florida Beer to runners Sunday
- Gatorade, water and Clif Shots at each stop Sunday
- One of Florida’s Top Boston Marathon qualifying rate – four 5-mile straightaways in the marathon
- Fun, Fun, Fun in Florida in February
- TSHIRTS NOT INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION AND SOLD SEPARATELY